The Resource Elijah of Buxton
- Elijah of Buxton
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction
- Blacks -- Canada -- Fiction
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- Juvenile fiction
- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- Liberty -- Juvenile fiction
- Slavery -- Fiction
- Blacks -- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- Freedom -- Fiction
- Canada -- History -- 1763-1867 -- Fiction
- In 1859, eleven-year-old Elijah Freeman, the first free-born child in Buxton, Canada, which is a haven for slaves fleeing the American south, uses his wits and skills to try to bring to justice the lying preacher who has stolen money that was to be used to buy a family's freedom
- Canadian Library Association Book of the Year Award for Children, 2008.
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2008.
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction, 2008.
- Great Lakes Book Awards, Children's category, 2008.
- Parents' Choice Award for Fiction, 2007.
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award, 2008.
- TD Canadian Children's Literature Award, 2008.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2008
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2007
- Awards note
- Newbery Honor Book, 2008.
- Coretta Scott King Author Award, 2008.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- LC item number
- El 2007
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Elijah of Buxton
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Elijah of Buxton
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ppl.lib.in.us/resource/5YRPiKTX7Lk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ppl.lib.in.us/resource/5YRPiKTX7Lk/">Elijah of Buxton</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.ppl.lib.in.us/#PBPL"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ppl.lib.in.us/">Peabody Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Peabody Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...